I hate housekeeping posts, but I felt bad going without updating! I've had an extremely busy past few days, and things are finally slowing down. I drove from Sioux Falls to Chicago on Sat/Sun, and had no internet access for a while, so apologies! I'm plotting out some posts and ideas for the rest of the summer, but as busy as I am, I probably won't have the chance to do some ultra-long in depth posts as I would like. That said, I would be happy to open my space up for guest posts on topics related to women and theology. Shoot me an email if you'd like to participate.
And now, since I was unable to get my posts for Friday and Saturday up (thanks, Brookstone Hotel in La Crosse, WI, for not having reliable internet!), I've included my two lists below.
5 books that were required reading and are still on my bookshelf
5. Beowulf (Seamus Heaney translation) [From a class on epics in undergrad]
4. Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Chabon [Contemporary American Lit in graduate school]
3. Gilead - Marylinne Robinson [Contemporary American Lit]
2. A Farewell to Arms - Hemingway [Modernist Fiction in undergraduate]
1. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee [Sophomore advanced English, high school]
5 books I hope to read within the next year
I actually have a stack of books on my shelf that I've recently bought and hope to get started on soon.
5. Drift - Rachel Maddow
4. Twilight of the Elites - Chris Hayes
3. Habibi - Craig Thompson
2. The Last Little Blue Envelope - Maureen Johnson
1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Chobsky
So, there you have it! All caught up. Let me know if you're interested in doing a guest post, and shoot me an email if you find a story or idea you think I should cover here on the blog.