It's been a few weeks since I've done the Friday Finds, as I've been quite busy of late. But here we go!
1. Libby over at Love, Joy, and Feminism has a great article about Unmet Expectations in relationships. It's worth a read.
2. I spent quite a bit of time reading Captain Awkward this week, as she is one of my new favorite bloggers. This post seemed particularly relevant. It's from a secular perspective, so a lot of you are going to disagree, but I think it's relevant to the conversation.
3. Let's just get this out there: NO ONE reads the Bible literally. NO ONE.
4. This popped up on my Twitter feed this week, and simultaneously inspired and amused me. In 1996, Nick Cave was nominated for an MTV Video Music Award. This is what he wrote in response.
5. Are you a Young Adult Lit fan? Are you a Maureen Johnson fan? If you're not, you should be. Johnson (@maureenjohnson, on twitter) is one of the best people in the universe. She has a new book coming out inspired by Jack the Ripper called "The Name of the Star." The first section - 78 pages!! - has been posted online by the publisher. I highly recommend a read, and then a preorder (the book comes out at the end of this month).
And video for the week:
I have had this on repeat most of the week. It's a cover of the song "Feel Good, Inc." by Gorillaz, done by one woman. Amazing.